Why should you invest in United Way?
United Way of East TN Highlands has been providing community support through employee giving campaigns since 1911. We have raised millions of dollars and coordinated thousands of volunteer opportunities. Funding many of our local nonprofit organizations, United Way is the backbone of the nonprofit community. Not only do we provide monetary help, but we also provide training to diversify funding, recruit and keep staff, and provide oversight so that our nonprofits aren’t duplicating services.
Years of providing community support through employee giving campaigns
Employee education & engagement
Our staff works year-round to create opportunities to connect your employees with their community. These activities and services not only strengthen our community, but they provide significant benefits to your company and your employees in both tangible and intangible ways. It starts with educating, and then develops into volunteering. Millennials are now the largest generation in the workforce and have shown to care about making a difference in their community, so we help by educating your employees about the issues in our community. Volunteering helps employees feel engaged in their community, making them 57% more productive and 87% less likely to leave the company.
engaged employees are 87% less likely to leave their company.
62% of millennials say they would be willing to take a pay cut to work for a socially responsible company
77% of Millennials prefer to volunteer with groups of co-workers than on their own
81% of people who volunteer say it strengthens their relationships with colleagues
86% of millennials believe they can improve the world they live in
Educating, engaging, developing and retaining employees creates some very desirable benefits at the corporate level. High employee engagement has been shown to boost profitability by an average of 16%.
Corporate and employee giving has also shown to result in an increased bottom line for the company. A 2014 study found that companies that have increased giving by more than 10% in the last 3 years also increased median revenues in that same time. A Stanford study also found that 97% of MBAs from leading institutions would forgo financial benefits to work for an organization with a better reputation for corporate social responsibility and ethics.
“Our employees support United Way because we recognize the enormous impact they make in our community. Whether it is through our annual employee giving campaign or volunteering, our employees can feel the prsence of United Way in their lives and witness the impact on the lives of others.”
- 33% of consumers choose philanthropic brands. 33% 33%
- Giving and volunteering saves money through reducing employee turnover by 57%. 57% 57%
- 76% of Millennials consider Corporate Social Responsibility when deciding where to work. 76% 76%
- 77% of consumers are more willing to purchase from a company who demonstrate a commmitment to addressing social, economic, and environmental issues. 77% 77%
- 92% of consumers view brands positively if they support a cause. 92% 92%
- 100% of our partners positively impact lives in our community by supporting United Way. 100% 100%
Corporate Sponsor Levels
*First come, first serve availability
- Employee Giving Campaign
- Recognition on United Way Website (Our Partners)
- Recognition in United Way Annual Report
- Co-sponsor abilities*
- All perks of Level 1 AND
- Emerging Leaders (2)
- Women United (2)
- Quarterly Lunch & Learn
- Week of Caring Volunteer Top 2 Preference
- Total of 2 seats at the Annual Impact Awards Event
- Recognition on United Way social media
- All perks of Level 2 AND
- Total of 4 seats at the Annual Impact Dinner
- Custom Volunteer Opportunities
- Recognition on United
- Week of Caring Volunteer Top Preference
- Way website as a “Top Sponsor”
- Recognition at Annual Impact Awards Event
- Recognition in monthly e-newsletter*