Open Position – Community Outreach Coordinator, United Way of East TN Highlands
Position Summary: United Way of East TN Highlands is searching for a Community Outreach Coordinator who is mission-driven, team-oriented and has great relationship-building skills. The Community Outreach Coordinator will convene and support nonprofit partners around shared goals and community needs, provide support for raising revenue, and advance programs that positively impact the health, education and financial stability in our service area. This position will be located at our Carter County office, but will cover our service area (Washington, Carter, Johnson and Southern Sullivan Counties).
The Community Outreach Coordinator will have the ability to work with a broad range of people, be a team player and collaborator, possess strong communication skills and the ability to positively interact with internal and external stakeholders on an individual and group basis.
Overview of Duties:
- Develop and grow meaningful relationships with nonprofit partners, volunteers, and other community partners. Set goals and action steps needed to deepen engagement on a year-round basis.
- Work with United Way team to design and implement engaging volunteer activities, with a strategic connection to organizational priorities.
- Acquire an understanding of the work and value of United Way to give compelling presentations that inspire individuals to support United Way’s mission.
- Must have the ability to work independently with little-to-moderate oversight, while providing consistent and complete communication to ensure internal stakeholders are informed and engaged.
- Must have the ability to effectively work simultaneously across multiple projects, in multiple environments.
- Preferred project administration or support experience.
- Must manage time efficiently, prioritize responsibilities, and be willing to assume responsibility while working independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to manage the Carter County office, providing a welcoming environment to the community.
- Must be able to plan, develop, implement, follow-up, and evaluate successful projects
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- One to three years of professional work experience, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Adaptability and agility in balancing multiple and shifting activities and priorities.
- Personal attributes: results driven, resilient, collaborative, adaptable, entrepreneurial, inclusive, and courageous.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Local travel to events within the regional area.
Working Conditions: The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. Must be able to work under stressful situations and time constraints.
Employment Classification: Full-Time; Professional Exemption; Salaried
Job Relationships: Reports to United Way of East TN Highlands President and CEO
About United Way of East TN Highlands: United Way of East TN Highlands brings together expertise, funding, and volunteer support to positively impact education, health, and financial stability in our community. Our mission is to break the cycle of poverty by UNITING people and resources to strengthen the health, education, and financial stability of every person in our community. Our vision is to be a community UNITED to empower every person and organization to reach their full potential and achieve more.
We partner with local businesses and nonprofits to support and grow programs that accelerate upward mobility for individuals and families living in or near poverty and striving for a brighter future. Our vision is that Northeast TN will be a community where children, individuals and families thrive; neighbors care for each other; and we are proud of all our residents’ quality of life.
Apply for this position